Hotham Hall, East Yorkshire
Built around 1720 for William Burton from Cottingham. The house remained in the hands of the Burton family until 1865 when it passed by marriage to the Clitherow (later Stracey-Clitherow) family.
The oldest part of the hall, built of local limestone, is the attractive five-bay main range of two storeys and attics with a hipped Westmorland slate roof. To this were added in 1772 two pedimented pavilion. The west pavilion was replaced in 1871 by an extensive white-brick service range. The ballroom in the east pavilion has elaborately carved early 18th-century panelling and a marble fireplace with elaborate overmantel.